- Our suppliers must comply with national and other applicable laws and conform to the following terms as a minimum requirement:
- Children must not be employed below the legal minimum age required by the law of the individual country.
- Employees are to be paid above the legal minimum wage as required by the law of the individual country.
- Working hours must not exceed those set out by local legislation. Overtime must always be voluntary and renumerated at a premium rate.
- Maternity leave must be made available to all female employees.
- Employment is freely chosen and no discrimination is practiced. There is no use of forced or involuntary labour and employees are free to leave their employment after reasonable notice.
- Good working conditions must prevail. The provision of adequate wash room facilities are essential.
- Primary medical care must be provided on site.
- Correct procedure and policies should be in place to ensure employee health and safety.
- Workers’ representatives are not discriminated against and are allowed access to the workplace to carry out their representative functions.
Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all business dealings and to put effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain.